It is estimated that we spend 33% of our lives sleeping. We take it for granted as children, take advantage of it as teenagers, miss it as parents, and often don’t get enough of it as adults. There are many studies that emphasize the importance of sleep to maintain a healthy body and brain. Sleep improves memory, cognitive function, reduces stress, disease, and helps you live longer and look younger. There are a number of ways we can improve our sleep including avoiding electronics and caffeine before bed, as well as having a mattress and pillows that provide good support. But did you know that the material you sleep on is just as important!
As women we spend thousands on our skin and hair. When you sleep that expensive night cream you just put on is likely being absorbed into your cotton pillow. The hair you just got done at the salon is likely turning into bed head, or getting frizzy. If you have thinning hair, hair additions, or extensions, fabrics like cotton and God forbid, polyester, can cause friction. So what’s the solution: SILK!
WHY YOUR FACE AND HAIR SHOULD BE SLEEPING ON SILK
- Silk is breathable. It sleeps cool for hot sleepers. It feels soothing to inflamed skin like acne and rosacea or sensitive scalps.
- Silk is non absorbent. Night time skincare stays on your skin and actually works better.
- Silk has unmatched slip and glide. Less pulling, tugging and creasing on the delicate skin of the face.
- Silk keeps the hair shaft smoother. Hair has more shine and less bedhead, frizz, and split ends.
- Silk provides the most support for thinning hair and hair extensions. It reduces night time hair breakage.
- Curly hair has a better shaped curl. Straight hair stays smoother. Hairstyles need less touch up in the morning.
- Sleeping on silk is the only choice for lash extensions. It helps them look better for longer and they wear more evenly
- Cancer patients find silk soothing to very sensitive scalp. Silk protects fragile hair as it re-grows
- Asthma and allergy sufferers can benefit from silk as it is very hypoallergenic
Sleeping on silk has been a celebrity beauty secret for decades. Now, we are so excited to have THERAPIE SILK AND BAMBOO pillowcases available exclusively at Capilia Truly You. Don’t wait, get your pillowcase and have a luxurious sleep tonight. Call us at 905-821-1092 before they are all gone!