Like anything new, a wig takes getting used to.Give your wig a fair trial, and it will become as familiar as your own hair. Alternative hair available today, is as authentic as your own hair and often easier to maintain.
As an extension of yourself, your wig should be a perfect blend of fashion, attitude, lifestyle, versatility and convenience.
To help you get along with your wig and make the breaking-in process as pleasant as possible, we’ve included some do’s and don’ts that will help you and your wig get along just fine.
Home care for your wig
With your wig you will receive a full wig care kit along with care instructions to help with the maintenance of your wig. A deep conditioning may be required periodically to retain the original luster. In addition our stylist will explain the care, do’s and don’ts and how to style your new hair.
Shampooing Your New Wig
- Shampoo your new hair every 2 to 3 weeks with Capilia Radiance and Moisture Shampoo
- Add a capful of wig shampoo into a basin of cool water. Gently soak the wig for approx. 10 minutes, rinse well and repeat if necessary.
- Blot excess water with a clean towel and spray with Capilia Velvety Smooth Mist. Do not rinse out.
- Finger comb to desire shape and place loosely on a wig stand.
- The brush you use must properly comb the hairs gently without tearing them. We do carry wig brushes at our centre.
- Adjust the size of your wig with the Velcro tabs on the nape of the wig. For other adjustments, please see us.
- Hairs on your wig do not grow back! Please allow us to cut and restyle for you.
- All wigs need to be sprayed regularly with leave-in conditioner to keep the fibre soft and lustrous and to prevent dryness. This will extend the life of your wig.
- Do not use a curling iron or blow-dryer on your synthetic wig.
- Avoid heat of 300F or higher, as the fibre will frizz. Cooking, sunlight, rain or snow will not damage your wig but opening of an oven, BBQ, fireplace and dishwasher will!!!
- Do not use any heavy alcohol-based products on your wig. We recommend wig styling products formulated for man-made fibers. These products are available at our centre
Salon care for your new wig
To maintain your wig to look beautiful, shiny and soft like the day you bought it, we recommend having it deep conditioned periodically. From time to time, your wig may look dull, frizzy and flat. Our wig technician will be able to rejuvenate your wig and have it look closer to the way it did when you first bought it.
Drop it off at our centre. It will take 2-3 hours for our technician to work on it. Bring a hat, go for lunch or coffee with a friend or stay with us. The cost for this service is $45.00 and we recommend doing this every two months.